Install and run marine aquarium
Installation of the aquarium takes approximately six to ten weeks (4-6 weeks during the chemical way). The process can be accelerated by adding live rock and live aragonite sand. This will only accelerate, not replace, bicikl.
The addition of fish. When the level of ammonia and nitrite at zero you can add fish. Remember a simple rule is 2.5 cm of fish per 10 liters of water, 5 cm – 15 liters and 10 cm – 35 litres of water. Unlike freshwater, most marine fish live alone. If you want to have multiple fish of one species or several species similar in color and size – they sit down in the aquarium at the same time. Otherwise the fish stuck in the aquarium, just kill the newcomer. This rule is especially true for zabrosom, clowns and some other fish species. Fish should be added in small groups so as not to trigger a rise in ammonia levels. If you add more than one fish at a time, the ammonia level will rise.
Feeding. It is best to feed the fish twice a day. Live food is not necessary for most fish species. A combination of frozen shrimp and formula 2 (food-based algae) is fine. The use of several types of frozen feed to provide the fish a varied diet is to be welcomed, as well as supplementing the diet with salad “Romen”or “lettuce”, as well as spinach. Dry food should be used carefully with hardy marine fish.
Substitution of water. The standard filtration system about 50% of the water should be changed every month (for densely populated aquariums).
Drugs. The only drugs that are suggest that you add is sulfate and copper citrate. Various antibiotics, dyes, etc. can ruin the filtration system in one way or another. Use them only in quarantine aquariums.
Installation and maintenance of aquarium with tropical fish. Follow the General principles of maintenance of tropical aquariums, to avoid problems. Many aquarists are advised not to use ground filters, in addition to fairly powerful systems.
So, proceed with the installation.
Before installing the aquarium make sure it is at the proper level and smooth the surface.
Rinse the soil and carbon before use.
Add Amquel or another dechlorinator.
Set the temperature in the range of 24-25’C.
Set the pH within 6.5 – 6.7 and check once a week.
Aquarium salt – 1 tablespoon per 15 l of water.
Feeding – frozen foods and alternate food in the form of flakes.
Substitute 50% of the water once a month.
A few more details.
When the aquarium is fully filled with water, it weighs approximately 4.5 kg per 3.5 liters. So do not put the aquarium on unstable and uneven surfaces, if you do not want he fell on the floor.
– During shipping the cardboard package parts RUB against each other, thereby creating the semblance of dust, rinse the aquarium before use.
– Fill the tank with water and add dechlorinator.
– All tropical fish need warm water, only the silver carp can survive in cool.
– There are a number of reasons why the level of acid-base balance should be within 6.6. For example, pathogenic microorganisms multiply much slower in acidic water, ammonia is less toxic in acidic water.
– Many of the fish raised in water with salt, as fish lose salt from their bodies through the gills, while in demineralized water. Salt is not evaporated, so add it once and then when podmena water.
– Many fish are carnivorous by nature and feed on larvae, worms and crustaceans. Frozen shrimp, as they are quite big in nature will replace the meat you feed and also reduce the tendency to attack one fish to another. A small piece of shrimp should be broken down into the number of pieces corresponding to the number of fish in the aquarium. These pieces should be put in warm water to thaw them. Then drain the water and cleaned and thawed shrimp feed in the aquarium.
And finally. As water evaporates and leaves minerals in the aquarium, with a portion of the new water, add essential minerals. It will make water hard and create not biodegradable residue. Also add dechlorinator and salt, adjust the pH level before you add the water to the aquarium. Replace the charcoal and sponge filters. You can still clean the ground.